Sign-Up for CodeRED Community Alerts for the Village of Walbridge - It's FREE!
The Village of Walbridge uses CodeRED®, a high-speed telephone notification system, to send mass notifications by phone, email and text to keep citizens informed. In the event of a weather emergency, evacuation, utility outage, water main break, fire or flood, chemical spill, or other emergency situation, the Village of Walbridge may activate CodeRED® to send emergency notifications to registered subscribers. The Village of Walbridge may also use CodeRED® to communicate non-life safety matters, such as planned road closures, water main repairs, water service interruptions, etc.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED® and personal information is kept confidential. Registering is quick and easy and can be done by visiting the below link or contacting the Village of Walbridge Administrative Office.
Things to Know About CodeRed
- CodeRED® delivers notifications by phone, email, and/or text.
- CodeRED® is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Notifications cannot be delivered to phone numbers with a privacy lock feature. To ensure notifications are received, subscribers should either turn off the privacy lock feature during emergencies or enter a cell phone number when registering for the service.
- Individuals who have already registered for the service but would like to update their phone number or add a cell phone number to the database may do so by re-registering.
- The CodeRED® Mobile Alert app sends geographically-based messages to subscribers nationwide.
CodeRED® Mobile Alert App
Village of Walbridge area residents can now receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where they are through the CodeRED® Mobile Alert app, a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users.
The CodeRED® Mobile Alert app is similar to the CodeRED® telephone notification system; however, instead of issuing calls, the app delivers community and emergency alerts to anyone located within a notification area via their mobile device.
If you are currently a CodeRED® subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to get notifications from the Village, you will continue to receive calls. However, if you download the app, you will also be able to get alerts to your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
To download the free CodeRED® Mobile Alert app, visit the Google Play
or iTunes store.